Hardie Industrial Services
Hardie Industrial Services is a leader in providing high quality process automation services to manufacturing customers in Southern Ontario including food and beverage, alternative fuels, cement, and plastics. Hardie Industrial Services takes pride in our outstanding Health and Safety records, and in providing top quality, safe, and innovative staff to execute jobs for our customers.
If you are an enthusiastic and energetic Foreman who takes as much pride in the safety and quality of the work as you do in your staff’s morale and engagement, we want you to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for successful execution of projects utilizing the resources of the organization including Managers and other highly trained staff. You will bring an entrepreneurial energy and attitude into every job and project. You have a long term growth focus and are willing to do what is necessary to drive results and ensure customer satisfaction. If that sounds like you, you will be pleased to be surrounded by the incredible talent and positive attitudes of our Hardie team.
In your first year you will excel in two key areas, completing projects and forming a strong partnership with our customers. You will be responsible for:
Health and Safety
- Collaborate with management to ensure all aspects of the company’s Health and Safety procedures are followed or exceeded by staff
- Support H&S initiatives by training staff and supporting staff’s involvement in training or participation in Joint Health and Safety Committee duties
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of the company’s health and safety procedures
- Act as the main liaison between the customer and Hardie Industrial for all divisions and services
- Design/Scope/Quote projects of various sizes/complexities
- Plan/Organize materials and manpower for assigned projects
- Execute the Project Plan on or ahead of schedule
- Ensure that tasks are assigned to qualified personnel and monitor the status of the task on a daily basis
- Regularly monitor the project costs to date to ensure that revenue and profitability goals for assigned projects are met.
- Support ongoing quality improvements initiatives by supporting staff’s ideas, actively training staff on all aspects of quality and support off the job training
- Identify new and innovative ways to improve job cost and quality
- Monitor projects for quality of work, timeliness of completion, and customer satisfaction. Balance these goals with project costs.
- Support employee hiring, management, training and resource planning
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of the company’s administrative procedures in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Possess a College Diploma or construction related training
- Be a Certified electrician (309A) in good standing with the College of Trades
- Have 3-5 years electrical experience at Foreman level
- Be able to work well under pressure and meet project deadlines
- Have worked with a process automation contractor, construction and industrial contractors
- Have demonstrated excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Be Detail-oriented and present excellent communication skills
- Have good financial acumen
- Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft office or equivalent
- Have a demonstrated ability to work well within multidisciplinary teams
At Hardie you will have:
- Extended Health Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Prescription Drug Benefits
- Dental Care
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Benefits
- Tool Allowance
- Banked Time Options
- Educational Reimbursement Plan
Hardie Industrial Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be hired on the basis of experience, training, education, and potential for growth as to attain the best possible candidates for the continued success of the company. There shall be no discrimination based on religion, age, sex, race, or national origin. It is the intent of the management that equal opportunity will be provided in all promotions, wages, benefits, and other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.